Night of Pantai Pengkalan Balak
When I told Kok-Liang that I was looking for a nice beach to shoot beautiful sunset last Sunday, he suggested me to travel to the north of Melaka and made me a generous offer by giving me a ride. Initially we checked the time, weather, tide and everything was good. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances (Wee-Peng), we could not make it in time for the sunset.
Nevertheless, Kok-Liang insisted that we could check the place up first. The both of us traveled all the way north to Masjid Tanah town, made a turn to Tanjung Bidara and headed further north to Pengkalan Balak, and it took us 40 minutes drive from Melaka to arrive in Pantai Pengkalan Lama (pantai in Malay means beach), which was night time when we reached.
Pantai Pengkalan Balak is a Malay fishing village located between Melaka town and Port Dickson. It is 10 minutes drive from another infamous beach, Tanjung Bidara which shares the magnificent sweep of the state’s coastline. Along the beach, there are many chalets built providing overnight shelters for locals as well as foreigners.
We didn’t spend much time there as it was too dark to find a good spot for future sunset shooting. After taking a short walk along the beach and enjoyed the night scenery of the fishing village, we traveled back to Melaka town. Thanks to Kok-Liang for taking me there and Pantai Pengkalan Balak would be a good spot to plan for my next sunset shooting.
Sharing some shots taken. May all beings be happy.
- Pengkalan Balak the beach
- Trips to visit little Chern of the Ling’s family
- Lover Bridge in Segenting
- Ghost Festival: procession at the cemetery
- Meeting Mocheng at the Handicapped and Mentally Disabled Children Centre Melaka
- Visiting to three homes
- 武来岸山（Broga Hill）@ Semenyih
- [jaf] visiting to old folks home and boys home on coming sunday 11/6/2010
- A trip to Rumah Seri Kenangan Cheng
- juesatta awakening foundation – collecting donation for Rumah Seri Kenangan Cheng